Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 184
  1. #26
    Need ba talga uninstall lahat pati garena? dahil garena messenger ngayon ko kasi ulit na update ang garena ang lol hindi pa.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by krisfer14 View Post
    Need ba talga uninstall lahat pati garena? dahil garena messenger ngayon ko kasi ulit na update ang garena ang lol hindi pa.
    It is in your discretion to whether uninstall both clients depending on the problem experienced. In case you're only having problem with League of Legends Client then there's no need to uninstall Garena+

  3. #28
    ****Moved it to a thread****


    Problem: This thing pops up even though I've already installed adobe air.
    "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair....."

    I just reinstalled my windows. I need help since I've tried searching for answers for hours or is it a day already, yet I couldn't find any solution to this. XD


    So this is all I did: I downloaded Garena, LoL, Adobe Air, dotnetfix, dxweb, cleaners, and java.

    PS. HELP. THANKS.
    Last edited by zniperznipes; 12-13-2014 at 04:10 PM.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by zniperznipes View Post
    ****Moved it to a thread**** Problem: This thing pops up even though I've already installed adobe air. "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair....." I just reinstalled my windows. I need help since I've tried searching for answers for hours or is it a day already, yet I couldn't find any solution to this. XD So this is all I did: I downloaded Garena, LoL, Adobe Air, dotnetfix, dxweb, cleaners, and java. PS. HELP. THANKS.
    Since the Adobe AIR problem has been resolved already we'll stick on troubleshooting in regards with theDirectX error next. I'll be glad to accommodate you further on the thread you've created: [Click Me].

  5. #30
    shanzkiee is on a distinguished road shanzkiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    at Home
    Posts
    6
    Hi po! naUninstall ko na po yung lahat at nadelete na. Nareinstall ko na po yung Garena+ pero pagopen ko ng Garena, pagclick ko po sa LOL icon, nakalagay na Start League Of Legends eh wala pa nga po nainstall yung LOL eh. at pagclick ko po ng Start LOL, nakalagay na "Login Error" at "Client Version 4.18.14_10_18_17_18 is rejected by the server" tinry ko po na iinstall yung LOL pero hindi pumupunta sa 1% at hindi nagdadownload. patulong naman po please

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by shanzkiee View Post
    Hi po! naUninstall ko na po yung lahat at nadelete na.
    Nareinstall ko na po yung Garena+ pero pagopen ko ng Garena, pagclick ko po sa LOL icon, nakalagay na Start League Of Legends eh wala pa nga po nainstall yung LOL eh. at pagclick ko po ng Start LOL, nakalagay na "Login Error" at "Client Version 4.18.14_10_18_17_18 is rejected by the server" tinry ko po na iinstall yung LOL pero hindi pumupunta sa 1% at hindi nagdadownload. patulong naman po please
    If problem persists, try to use the 4.21 Manual Patch: [Click Me] and 4.21 HotFix: [Click Me]. Feel free to update us at Installation and Updates section, thanks.

  7. #32
    Ano ng mang yayare pag hindi complete un-install ginawa ? Salamat (Y)

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by watuc View Post
    Ano ng mang yayare pag hindi complete un-install ginawa ? Salamat (Y)
    If just opted for uninstalling via Control Panel, then there will be data left behind. These remains are no longer needed but are still kept, complicating the freshly-installed client causing corruption, mismatch or unable to overwrite the files within it. Players usually tend to uninstall programs at Control Panel only, but that does not completely remove the files/entries in the Windows Registry or folders leaving "useless or unnecessary" data that only slows down the system and without any good use of it, also resulting to error, crash, incompatibility and other problems reported here in the forums. Feel free to post again for other queries you wish to ask.

  9. #34

    cannot loginn LOL

    Good day its been two days na po na di kami makapag laro at makaLOg in sa League of lengens authentication Error request time out , ano po bang dapat gawin natry napo namin lahat based sa forum till now d pa din kami makapag laro after po ng update ganyan na sya
    SAlamat po Admin

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by zmaiyanii View Post
    Good day its been two days na po na di kami makapag laro at makaLOg in sa League of lengens authentication Error request time out , ano po bang dapat gawin natry napo namin lahat based sa forum till now d pa din kami makapag laro after po ng update ganyan na sya
    SAlamat po Admin
    The problem with AUTHENTICATION ERROR, REQUEST TIME OUT is usually caused by the ISP itself and can't be resolved by mere client reinstallation. You may either try to restart your router/modem, unplug-and-plug, or detach-and-attach the cables/line.

    It is better to contact your Internet Service Provider regarding the matter for possible implication of troubleshooting so we'll be able to know what may had been keeping you in connecting. You may also provide to us in a new thread at Network and Connectivity your Pathping [to 125.5.6.1], Traceroute [to 125.5.6.1], Netalyzr Test Result and Location, then temporarily disable any Security Software and Windows Firewall while connecting to League of Legends.

  11. #36
    LOL @_@
    this is one heck of procedures~
    hopefully i wont encounter this HUGE problem... very tasking~

  12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by ofmichanst View Post
    LOL @_@ this is one heck of procedures~ hopefully i wont encounter this HUGE problem... very tasking~
    To some extent, I agree as this guide contains heaps of procedures and tasking but consider that it is also lucrative in terms of manually cleaning leftovers of data from the program and not by depending on third-party software (or by merely uninstalling at CONTROL PANEL) that does not totally remove the files, especially with keys and folders leaving duplicates and may just lead to file corruption and the like.

    The procedures can also be applied with other programs, especially when delving to WINDOWS REGISTRY - at least you'll have a background on what to do manually without the use of third-party software.

    Hmm, now I'm thinking adding PROS and CONS in a later time for this but anyway I appreciate your feedback. Iif you need further assistance regarding the complete re-installation don't hesitate to PM/post, thanks.

  13. #38
    hi po sir/mam sana po matulungan nyo ako nun 1-26-15 pag bukas ko ng shop tapos my nag laro na sa akin ng lol pag pinapasok ang acc nila nag bluescreen at kusang nag re2start halos 30pc na ganun ang cra .. pwede po ba pa help nung nakaraang 1-25-15 ok naman po ang lahat ng pc ko halos 30pc gumagana ang garena .. pelase help sana po my tumulong sa akin an admin or GM thanks po

  14. #39
    this is not gonna be work

  15. #40

    Firewall Error

    error.jpg

    Already turned off my firewall yet this still comes up when i install, Please help.

  16.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #41
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by angeltry View Post
    hi po sir/mam sana po matulungan nyo ako nun 1-26-15 pag bukas ko ng shop tapos my nag laro na sa akin ng lol pag pinapasok ang acc nila nag bluescreen at kusang nag re2start halos 30pc na ganun ang cra .. pwede po ba pa help nung nakaraang 1-25-15 ok naman po ang lahat ng pc ko halos 30pc gumagana ang garena .. pelase help sana po my tumulong sa akin an admin or GM thanks po
    My sincere apology for not attending to your concern at prompt. Are you still experiencing the problem? May you address again your concern in a new thread so we can assist you there accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mski.dl View Post
    this is not gonna be work
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we'll be needing efficient information, so may we ask if you can please elaborate more details about the problem you're encountering. If you're having problem with Installation and Updates, you are welcome to post here: [Click Me] or at Technical Support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeckiel0225 View Post
    Already turned off my firewall yet this still comes up when i install, Please help.
    If you also have a Security Software, try disabling it for the meantime. As for the Firewall, verify by disabling at Services (Start > Services > Windows Firewall > Properties > Disable/Stop). We'll be glad to assist you further, and please update us in a new thread: [Click Me].

  17. #42

    Wink :3

    yung NSIS error lagi ko nakukuha nung unanakuha ko tapos naayos ko tapos ngayon nag reformat ako meron nanamat pano po to maayos
    Last edited by alfahad14; 03-16-2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: secret

  18. #43

    hel pls...

    Pls. help i dont know what to do.. i tried many times but it always appear it.. I'm installing the Garena to my computer but when i set up it, and when i press next in Garena+ Set up wizzard it says Garena+_Install.exe has stopped working..

    pls do response
    Thank you..
    Last edited by nairdasotnac; 03-28-2015 at 08:46 PM.

  19. #44
    Pede po ba na LoL lng ang ireinstall na hindi kasama ang garena+?

  20. #45
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by alfahad14 View Post
    yung NSIS error lagi ko nakukuha nung unanakuha ko tapos naayos ko tapos ngayon nag reformat ako meron nanamat pano po to maayos
    Quote Originally Posted by nairdasotnac View Post
    Pls. help i dont know what to do.. i tried many times but it always appear it.. I'm installing the Garena to my computer but when i set up it, and when i press next in Garena+ Set up wizzard it says Garena+_Install.exe has stopped working..

    pls do response
    Thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by federus1 View Post
    Pede po ba na LoL lng ang ireinstall na hindi kasama ang garena+?
    • Hello. Yes, just find the whole lolph folder (usually, it's inside the Apps folder), then delete. After that, you are prompted to install League of Legends at Garena+ Launcher.

  21. #46
    I accidentally deleted the following folder for following the Instruction in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG1a0yO_YOY
    FILES AND FOLDERS I DELETED LOCATED IN C:\Program Files\GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\LoLPH\Air
    lib
    Meta-INF
    mod
    local properties
    Lol.exe and lolclient.swf
    I apologize for i deleted it because i though it will fix me the error about(for i was stuck in the game/datas.zip while patching 5.7 in 70/84)

    I humbly asking for your help if i could request such files and folders and also the fix about that error.

  22. #47
    Hi can u help me with this error message, i cant play LOL for 2 weeks now the reason is because of this error message, -.- +

    "Installer integrity check has failed.Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

    More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error "

    what i did already is i re install , download newest patch , and what is very frustrating is i even re download and i wait for 10hours for that and i got the same issue -.- Please help

  23. #48
    gianlustado is on a distinguished road gianlustado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tanay, Rizal
    Posts
    11
    wew! nagsimula ako mag download ng LoL ng 12MN then after 2.5hours hindi nag RUN ung installer, da-download nanaman ulit..nag check ako sa downloads ko, wala namang leagueoflegends.exe..wala ring Apps sa Garena Folder ko..NEED HELP HERE..thanks a lot!

  24. #49
    Thank you thank you thank you very much! You made me the happiest man in the whole world!!! I'm the king of the world!!! Yes! Thank you very much i love youuuu!!!

  25. #50
    Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel is a splendid one to behold Ariexhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Dusk
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by jersonquiao View Post
    I accidentally deleted the following folder for following the Instruction in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG1a0yO_YOY
    FILES AND FOLDERS I DELETED LOCATED IN C:\Program Files\GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\LoLPH\Air
    lib
    Meta-INF
    mod
    local properties
    Lol.exe and lolclient.swf
    I apologize for i deleted it because i though it will fix me the error about(for i was stuck in the game/datas.zip while patching 5.7 in 70/84)

    I humbly asking for your help if i could request such files and folders and also the fix about that error.
    • Hello. Sorry I wasn't able to reply immediately. I guess your problem has resolved already since we're already in the 5.9 Patch. Thus, if you need further assistance regarding complete re-installation don't hesitate to PM me. Good Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by commonandgetme View Post
    Hi can u help me with this error message, i cant play LOL for 2 weeks now the reason is because of this error message, -.- +

    "Installer integrity check has failed.Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

    More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error "

    what i did already is i re install , download newest patch , and what is very frustrating is i even re download and i wait for 10hours for that and i got the same issue -.- Please help
    Quote Originally Posted by gianlustado View Post
    wew! nagsimula ako mag download ng LoL ng 12MN then after 2.5hours hindi nag RUN ung installer, da-download nanaman ulit..nag check ako sa downloads ko, wala namang leagueoflegends.exe..wala ring Apps sa Garena Folder ko..NEED HELP HERE..thanks a lot!
    • Hello. Sorry I wasn't able to reply immediately. I guess your problem has resolved already since we're already in the 5.9 Patch. Thus, the installation of Apps\lolph might be outside Garena folder, or at GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\lolph. You may further check. Good Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by yakichuka View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you very much! You made me the happiest man in the whole world!!! I'm the king of the world!!! Yes! Thank you very much i love youuuu!!!
    • Oh, hello. You're welcome. I'm glad that this guide had helped you. Good Day!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts