1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    eSports Executive GG.Sphere is a jewel in the rough GG.Sphere is a jewel in the rough GG.Sphere is a jewel in the rough GG.Sphere's Avatar

Brace Yourselves for the Pro Gaming Series

Starting November 2013, the Pro Gaming Series (PGS) shall pit together the best League of Legends teams in the country who will compete in weekly live-streamed matches for the honor of representing the country in the Garena Premier League!

PGS: Stepping Stone to the GPL

For each game won by any PGS-participating team, the team with the most number of points at the end of each season gets the chance to represent the country on the upcoming GPL season (i.e. winner of PGS Winter Season will represent PH in the GPL Spring Season).

The Path to the Pro Gaming Series

Though only six (6) pre-selected teams will be part of the PGS Winter Season starting this November, any League of Legends PH team has a chance to be part of succeeding Pro Gaming Series seasons by qualifying through the Ranked 5v5 Team Challenger Tier or through the Challenger Tournaments.

The top 2 teams on the Ranked 5v5 Challenger Tier and the top ranking teams per area in the Challenger Tournaments in terms of Challenger Points by a specific cut-off date qualifies for the Season Split where they will compete with each other as well as the bottom two teams from the recently concluded PGS season for the spot on the next PGS season.

For more info, check out the Path to the Pro Gaming Series infographic or Pro Gaming Series FAQ below or you can check out the Pro Gaming Series website from time to time for updates:

Pro Gaming Series FAQ

Q: When and where can we watch PGS matches?
    A: All PGS matches will be streamed live for free on the PGS website, Twitch channel and LoL PH Lobby. PGS matches will be played on Saturdays and Sundays barring days with partner events. Match times will vary as we stay nimble to determine the best times for the community and pro players.

Challenger Tournaments FAQ

Q: How would we know if a certain tournament is a Challenger Tournament?
    A: You can identify a Challenger Tournament when you see the Challenger Tournament logo included on our official announcement banners posted on the League of Legends PH website and Garena PH eSports website. It looks something like this:

Q: What is the point system for the Challenger Tournaments?
    A: The following points will be awarded to the top 8 teams placing in each monthly Challenger Tournament legs:

Champion - 15 points
    2nd Place - 10 points
    3rd and 4th place teams - 5 points each
    5th to 8th place teams - 2 points each

Q: Where can we check our current standings in the Challenger Tournaments?
    A: You can check your current Challenger Tournaments standings HERE. We'll also be releasing updates from time to time via the League of Legends PH website and Garena PH eSports website to update everyone on who the top teams are per area and who are close to qualifying for the Season Split.

Q: Can my team change players from time to time?
    A: Yes, your team can change players from time to time during the course of your participation in the Challenger Tournaments. However, once you qualify for the PGS Season Split, you can only keep a roster of 5 main members and 4 substitutes which will be your permanent roster until the end of the PGS Season Split (after which we'll allow your team to change rosters again prior to start of the PGS regular season should you qualify)

Q: Can we change our team name anytime?
    A: Unfortunately, you will have to make use of the same team name until the points reset by the start of each Season Split. Points are non-transferable.

Q: I do not know my teammates personally and we live from different parts of the country, are we still qualified?
    A: Yes, you are still qualified to join via the Ranked 5v5 Challenger Tier qualification. However, you cannot qualify through Challenger Tournaments as you will be required to be physically present during each tournament legs.

Q: Our team has 9 members, can all 9 members participate in the season split?
    A: All your 9 members can participate in the PGS Season Split but must not play for any other team during the course of the tournament/split. Otherwise, you will risk getting your team disqualified.

Q: Our team has an average age of 12 to 16 years, can we still participate?
    A: We can allow you to participate in the PGS. However, we may require you to get parental consent should you qualify for the PGS. Take note also that GPL has a 17 year old minimum age requirement, so should you win PGS, we cannot let you represent PH in the GPL.

Q: Is there a prize for qualifying in the Season Split?
    A: There will be no additional prize for qualifying in the Season Split. We feel that the monthly cash prize you can possibly get from participating in the Challenger Tournaments coupled with the chance to be part of PGS is enough.

Q: My team qualified on both the Ranked 5v5 Ladder and the Challenger Tournaments, will I get two slots in the Season Split?
    A: No. Priority will be given to your slot under the Challenger Tournaments while your slot for the Ranked 5v5 Ladder will be forfeited in favor of the next team in line.

Q: Our team name came from no where, can we change our team name when we qualify for PGS?
    A: Yes, you can change your name prior to participation in the PGS should you qualify.

Post below with your comments, inquiries and suggestions.

awb.kcirtap17 is on a distinguished road awb.kcirtap17's Avatar
    Hi,

Is it free to join the challenger tournament and what are the qualifications excluding being a garena/lol user and having a team?

Regards,

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    eSports Executive GG.Sphere is a jewel in the rough GG.Sphere is a jewel in the rough GG.Sphere is a jewel in the rough GG.Sphere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awb.kcirtap17 View Post
    Hi,

Is it free to join the challenger tournament and what are the qualifications excluding being a garena/lol user and having a team?

Regards,

Hello there,

All challenger tournaments will be announced separately each month which will include info if there are registration or PC rent fee(s), Challenger tournaments are similar to the usual monthly tournaments held nationwide with the only difference that top 8 teams get challenger points.

There are no other qualifications aside from having a Level 30 LoL PH account and having a team.

Regards,
    Seph

aneb003 is on a distinguished road aneb003's Avatar
    DAMN!! hope this brings more competitiveness to the PH scene!
    Summoner Name:nyxx Current League:N/A Current Level:30 Main Role:Support

Dragon's Sin of Wrath Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos has a reputation beyond repute Pototos's Avatar
    this is awesooome

1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu has a reputation beyond repute 1nyashayatashu's Avatar
    Bawi tayo ngayon.
    GO LOL PH! <3
    PM.Yasha | Pub Master Member | KWFFA is the reality, the truth and the justice.

Zaff03 is on a distinguished road Zaff03's Avatar
    Ahihihi :"> Sana makapasok team mineski .. tapos maglalaban uli sila ng MLE :">

Where will this tournament be held ? Is there a place where we can watch this physically like the International Tournaments ? )) sorry im just new here and i wanna watch it live.

Sir may update na po ba kung sinong 6 teams yung intial PGS teams?

Exile bet ko alam na i2 :d

The Tidecaller anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum has a reputation beyond repute anjelalabum's Avatar
    This is actually good, atleast e sports here is evolving slowly but surely hehe

Lightbulb

progaming series, hmm, sana lang maintindihan ito ng mga new players, para ma-enganyo silang gumawa ng tamang build para sa champions na pipiliin nila during the game itself, hindi yung ganito ang sinasabi: warmogs palang makunat ka na, which is always stated wrong, they should learn from pro-lol-gamers, sana lang mapalitan na yung players ng team msk, nakakahiya sila sa ginagawa nila, di naman kasi nila ginagawa ang lahat ng kaya nilang gawin sa loob ng tournaments, no offense against team msk, pero are they really to be entitled as pro lol gamers?

Kailangan na natin ng totoong team para sa league of legends, hindi msk ang sinasabi kong team, walang kwenta sila!!! Kailangan natin ng team na marunong sa game mechanics, map awareness, magaling sa communication within the team, tapos marunong magbasa ng smart pings, pati na rin yung lahat ng players ng team dapat laging gumamit ng wards from start until finish of the game, at marunong magdamit ng champion ng tamang gamit pati tamang approach sa champion according to it's specialty or role.

I think garena must do this or else lagi tayong talo sa international lol tournaments. = nakakahiya!!
    Last edited by yumikusanagi00; 12-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.

I remember i once got into a match with Zionspartan due to some insane matchmaking *was queing up with friends in challenger in NA* and he was using shyvana, so i asked him "Which is better spirit visage or warmogs, without thinking he said spirit visage"

Natural po dapat ang magbasa, mas dadami ang magaling sa LOL kung lahat ng players marunong magbasa. simpleng fighter role di maintindihan tapos dadamitan ng pure damage, ang nagiging resulta, nagiging pakain lang sya sa kalaban tuwing may clash, at dahil dun natalo sya. Ganyan kahalaga ang pagbabasa, hindi naman porket laro ang isang bagay eh,
    iiwasan na nating magbasa, alamin at tandaan ang mga dapat at hindi dapat sa isang laro hindi ba?
    Last edited by yumikusanagi00; 01-06-2014 at 11:38 PM.

marikishtar11 is infamous around these parts marikishtar11 is infamous around these parts marikishtar11 is infamous around these parts marikishtar11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yumikusanagi00 View Post
    Natural po dapat ang magbasa, mas dadami ang magaling sa LOL kung lahat ng players marunong magbasa. simpleng fighter role di maintindihan tapos dadamitan ng pure damage, ang nagiging resulta, nagiging pakain lang sya sa kalaban tuwing may clash, at dahil dun natalo sya. Ganyan kahalaga ang pagbabasa, hindi naman porket laro ang isang bagay eh,
    iiwasan na nating magbasa, alamin at tandaan ang mga dapat at hindi dapat sa isang laro hindi ba?
    I hope you're applying to yourself what you're saying.
    Last edited by marikishtar11; 01-09-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    IGN: Dat Zelkova | Playstyle: Anti-Meta
    ELO? More like EGO.

paki aus po account ko ayaw pumasok ehhh G,M<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    \

@marikishtar, if I don't know something I read it inside wikipedias, I read a lot, this is why I know a lot.
    reading, clear communication and experience are the three of the most reliable "teachers" of the world itself, why not apply it to yourself and see what happens?

Pro-gaming series, hmm, I might not be pro, but, I always theorize my builds before I try them in normal games and then if it ruled out against enemies, I can then use it in ranked games. And another thing I always stick to the roles of the champion itself.

I'm still waiting for the real pro series: team builder ranked games.
    Sana lang may channel a maghost sa tournaments natin para kilalanin bilang sport ito dito sa pinas.
    Last edited by yumikusanagi00; 01-21-2014 at 09:44 PM.

bakitmydog will become famous soon enough bakitmydog's Avatar
    baka sa inyo ung may sira ?

May link ba kayo sa mga vids ng IPT (formerly Exile)? Gusto ko panoorin. @_@