Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 120
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,974

    Staff Icon 2 Replacing the Legacy Client




    We've told y'all about our goals for the client update beta and why we have to fully replace the legacy client.
    Today, we're sharing specific plans for how and when we'll replace the legacy client for everyone. We'll also look back at how the beta has been going and how player feedback is affecting what we'll do AFTER replacing the client.

    TOGETHER, WE'VE COME SO FAR


    Since open beta launched we've focused on performance and stability while rebuilding legacy client features like spectator mode, rotating game mode queues, and custom game bots. We've also pushed out quality-of-life changes and new features for the client update: a separate news tab, better rune pages, pop-out chat windows, and the ability to hide all your mobile friends in a folder on the friends list?you can even change in-game settings without going into game. Oh, and both Replays and Practice Tool are now live exclusively on the updated client.


    Each of these changes has brought us closer to our ultimate goal of fully replacing the legacy client?once that happens, we can start putting serious resources toward great new features for the updated client.


    Regardless of how far we've come since open beta, we want to be very cautious as we complete the move to the updated client. While we?re confident the client update is ready for prime time, we want to make absolutely sure everything's working as intended before moving players off the legacy client for good. So, instead of just switching everyone over all at once, we're going to spread the update process across four phases, each of them a patch or two apart. It will likely be a couple patches before we begin.


    THE LEGACY CLIENT REPLACEMENT PLAN
    Phase 1 - A small group of randomly-selected players from Oceania, Russia, and the two Latin America servers will be automatically upgraded to the updated client, although they'll have the ability to launch the legacy client from the login screen. We?ll keep a close eye on these players to see whether the experience is working out okay for them. If you?re wondering "why these servers first?" it's because OCE was the first region to join the client alpha last year, so they have the most experience with the updated client. Latin American and Russian players' machines also cover a wide variety of system specs, which lets us test to ensure the updated client runs smoothly on all machines.


    Phase 2 - Assuming Phase 1 goes well, all players in Oceania, Russia, and Latin America will be automatically upgraded to the updated client, without access to legacy client. Some players in China and Garena regions will also get the update.


    Phase 3 - Everyone else (all players, all regions) will be automatically upgraded to the updated client, and the legacy client will be officially retired. This will happen automatically when players launch League without requiring the download of additional files (beyond that of the regular patch for that week). HOWEVER we will temporarily keep the legacy client files on your computer in case of an emergency. Beginning with this patch, we'll replace the legacy client with the updated client on all publicly-hosted game download pages.


    Phase 4 - We'll automatically remove legacy client files from your machine to free up space.
    This gradual rollout will give us time to monitor player feedback and make adjustments in response. We'll alter these plans or delay the rollout if we find that more significant changes are necessary.


    WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT?

    Even after we replace the legacy client, we'll keep making the client better. The features below will take time to make, but we're committing now to deliver them after we finish replacing the legacy client.


    • BUY SKINS IN CHAMP SELECT in all queues.
    • UPDATED CHAT MODULE that lets you start new conversations with friends while in champ select.
    • EVEN MORE IMPROVED LOW-SPEC MODE which (if you didn't already know) speeds the client up by disabling costly animations and prevents the client from running in the background while you're in game. We've been pretty clear from the beginning that any machine that could run the legacy client should be able to run the updated one, and we intend to achieve that with both additional performance tweaks that affect all players and buffs specifically for Low-Spec Mode users.
    • ITEM SET CREATOR TOOL will return. Early in the client alpha we announced that we weren't planning to rebuild the legacy client's item set creator tool (although the updated client still supports custom item sets). Players passionately asked us to reconsider, so we did. We now intend to rebuild the item set creator tool, but haven't yet started development work on it, so it could take quite some time even after we replace the legacy client. But it is finally back on our to-do list. Of course, replacing the legacy client still comes first.
    Looking even further ahead, we're interested in tackling more player-requested client features?especially things like a separate tab in the collection for owned skins and a more customizable profile page. We want to do these, but (you guessed it!) we can't start work on them until we replace the legacy client.


    As always, keep an eye on the patch notes for the latest changes and improvements. We'll release another of these beta update posts just before the legacy client replacement process begins.

  2. #2
    I can't find Replays on my Match History screen nor download a Replay file. Help.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    tomlabini123 is on a distinguished road tomlabini123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    42
    same ^^^^^^ :'c

  5. #5
    did u mean u share it from all people ?? and by the way is it avaible to the normal lol!!
    ?????

  6. #6
    How about end-of-game screen gifting?

  7. #7
    nasa akin paba ung mga skins ko kapag nareplace ung legacy sa beta po???

  8. #8
    kaylan po yan

  9. #9
    hey game master . yung garena shells ko kinaen diko alam ireklamo . na errror tas nawala yung 100 shells nung nag convert ako ! sana po maibalik sakin salamat .

  10. #10
    lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lobby
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by darkblizzard072 View Post
    How about end-of-game screen gifting?
    mag-aappear siya screen mo mapa susi or chest.

    Quote Originally Posted by berong09 View Post
    nasa akin paba ung mga skins ko kapag nareplace ung legacy sa beta po???
    oo naman.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowtsu View Post
    hey game master . yung garena shells ko kinaen diko alam ireklamo . na errror tas nawala yung 100 shells nung nag convert ako ! sana po maibalik sakin salamat .
    i-contact nalang po ang customer support account@garena.com or https://www.garena.ph/support/email/ at huwag kalimutan idetalye ang kailangan/problem.

  11. #11

    Skin cost Refund on Client replacement

    What if the skins acclaimed be rufended through RP to buy new skins instead of the same skins of the new client?

  12. #12

    Thumbs up Question LOL PH Admin

    So do we get to keep all the skins, runes, champs and everything moving to BETA?

    -i know the admin doesn't reply quite often, so if anyone know's the answer please please please..

    -if it's a YES then no problem at all

  13. #13
    ANg lag naman ng beta eh sobra ayusin nyu muna yun sobrang lag kapag picks saka banning TIME !!!

  14. #14

    Post skin selling to buy another skin

    this is my one problem in lol,i have many skins in one champion but i dont want to use sucks skin like i have 4 skin og janna but i really have a forecast janna sana pwedeng ibenta na lang kahit mura hindi ko na rin naman ginagamit ano pang silbe nun

  15. #15
    How about system requirements po? taas po ba ?

  16. #16
    Kelan po tau mag kakaron ng all random urf?

  17. #17
    6Unknown9 is a jewel in the rough 6Unknown9 is a jewel in the rough 6Unknown9 is a jewel in the rough 6Unknown9 is a jewel in the rough 6Unknown9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Not Found
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by placidomark View Post
    So do we get to keep all the skins, runes, champs and everything moving to BETA?
    Most probably, yes.

  18. #18
    pwd po ba mag change ng username

  19. #19
    where do I find my replays? :<

  20. #20
    Same here. Why do the clients of other regions have that replays feature and ours doesn't? (And please freakin' reply us.)

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by berong09 View Post
    nasa akin paba ung mga skins ko kapag nareplace ung legacy sa beta po???
    oo malamang kukunin nila un dahil pinalitan lng ung client :3

  22. #22
    kailan update ng client akala ko this last week ng march na hype ako kaso wla pla :<
    :waiting:

  23. #23

    services

    Quote Originally Posted by LoL_PH_Admin View Post


    We've told y'all about our goals for the client update beta and why we have to fully replace the legacy client.
    Today, we're sharing specific plans for how and when we'll replace the legacy client for everyone. We'll also look back at how the beta has been going and how player feedback is affecting what we'll do AFTER replacing the client.

    TOGETHER, WE'VE COME SO FAR


    Since open beta launched we've focused on performance and stability while rebuilding legacy client features like spectator mode, rotating game mode queues, and custom game bots. We've also pushed out quality-of-life changes and new features for the client update: a separate news tab, better rune pages, pop-out chat windows, and the ability to hide all your mobile friends in a folder on the friends list?you can even change in-game settings without going into game. Oh, and both Replays and Practice Tool are now live exclusively on the updated client.


    Each of these changes has brought us closer to our ultimate goal of fully replacing the legacy client?once that happens, we can start putting serious resources toward great new features for the updated client.


    Regardless of how far we've come since open beta, we want to be very cautious as we complete the move to the updated client. While we?re confident the client update is ready for prime time, we want to make absolutely sure everything's working as intended before moving players off the legacy client for good. So, instead of just switching everyone over all at once, we're going to spread the update process across four phases, each of them a patch or two apart. It will likely be a couple patches before we begin.


    THE LEGACY CLIENT REPLACEMENT PLAN
    Phase 1 - A small group of randomly-selected players from Oceania, Russia, and the two Latin America servers will be automatically upgraded to the updated client, although they'll have the ability to launch the legacy client from the login screen. We?ll keep a close eye on these players to see whether the experience is working out okay for them. If you?re wondering "why these servers first?" it's because OCE was the first region to join the client alpha last year, so they have the most experience with the updated client. Latin American and Russian players' machines also cover a wide variety of system specs, which lets us test to ensure the updated client runs smoothly on all machines.


    Phase 2 - Assuming Phase 1 goes well, all players in Oceania, Russia, and Latin America will be automatically upgraded to the updated client, without access to legacy client. Some players in China and Garena regions will also get the update.


    Phase 3 - Everyone else (all players, all regions) will be automatically upgraded to the updated client, and the legacy client will be officially retired. This will happen automatically when players launch League without requiring the download of additional files (beyond that of the regular patch for that week). HOWEVER we will temporarily keep the legacy client files on your computer in case of an emergency. Beginning with this patch, we'll replace the legacy client with the updated client on all publicly-hosted game download pages.


    Phase 4 - We'll automatically remove legacy client files from your machine to free up space.
    This gradual rollout will give us time to monitor player feedback and make adjustments in response. We'll alter these plans or delay the rollout if we find that more significant changes are necessary.


    WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT?

    Even after we replace the legacy client, we'll keep making the client better. The features below will take time to make, but we're committing now to deliver them after we finish replacing the legacy client.


    • BUY SKINS IN CHAMP SELECT in all queues.
    • UPDATED CHAT MODULE that lets you start new conversations with friends while in champ select.
    • EVEN MORE IMPROVED LOW-SPEC MODE which (if you didn't already know) speeds the client up by disabling costly animations and prevents the client from running in the background while you're in game. We've been pretty clear from the beginning that any machine that could run the legacy client should be able to run the updated one, and we intend to achieve that with both additional performance tweaks that affect all players and buffs specifically for Low-Spec Mode users.
    • ITEM SET CREATOR TOOL will return. Early in the client alpha we announced that we weren't planning to rebuild the legacy client's item set creator tool (although the updated client still supports custom item sets). Players passionately asked us to reconsider, so we did. We now intend to rebuild the item set creator tool, but haven't yet started development work on it, so it could take quite some time even after we replace the legacy client. But it is finally back on our to-do list. Of course, replacing the legacy client still comes first.
    Looking even further ahead, we're interested in tackling more player-requested client features?especially things like a separate tab in the collection for owned skins and a more customizable profile page. We want to do these, but (you guessed it!) we can't start work on them until we replace the legacy client.


    As always, keep an eye on the patch notes for the latest changes and improvements. We'll release another of these beta update posts just before the legacy client replacement process begins.
    Real talk...services so trash

  24. #24
    wala 2 scammer 2.. old client pa din ang live server.... sa beta lang meron new client eh...

    paasa 2 ph server sa new client sa live haha... sa american server new client na d2 sa 3rd country old pa haha...

    PS real talk

  25. #25
    lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0 is just really nice lolomoban0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lobby
    Posts
    4,162

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts