Failed to Patch. Failed to Merge: Adobe AIR.dll [SOLUTION]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 107
  1. #1
    Writer jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    832

    Post Failed to Patch. Failed to Merge: Adobe AIR.dll [SOLUTION]

    If you are experiencing this patching error:





    This is the SOLUTION:
    1. Download and extract this compressed file (it contains the Air files used by the game client before the patch). Then copy.
    2. Go to this file directory: C:\Program Files\GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\LoLPH\Air\Adobe AIR\Versions
    3. Overwrite the folder "1.0" with the one you've just downloaded.
    4. Try patching again.
    5. Done.
    So why did this happen and how to prevent it:

    If you'll study the image you could see the message errors, "target window checksum mismatch" and "Failed to merge". This happens whenever an installer wants to merge an old file with the new one for an update but was unable to do so because of a checksum mismatch. Checksums to files are like what fingerprints are to human beings. Checksums are used to identify the integrity of a file.

    The patch doesn't proceed because the Air file you have right now is not the file that it intends to update.

    So why did this happen?

    My guess is that you stumble upon a guide in the internet telling you how to improve the performance of your LoL client by manually updating/overwriting the Air files in the LoL folder with the most updated one that you have on your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions.

    So to prevent this from happening again don't try to alter any file in the game folder.

    Last edited by CrossLegacy; 03-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    People, like diamonds, have a basic market value, but it is only after they have been polished that the world will pay their real value.

  2. #2
    thnx worked

  3. #3
    Wordsmith monkgres is a glorious beacon of light monkgres is a glorious beacon of light monkgres is a glorious beacon of light monkgres is a glorious beacon of light monkgres is a glorious beacon of light monkgres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    south korea
    Posts
    3,455
    boss pahinge naman nung file na AdobeCP15.dll ty

  4. #4
    help failed to merge: air/assets/images/champions/annie_0.jpg
    Last edited by bartz95; 02-21-2013 at 01:16 PM.

  5. #5
    Writer jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by monkgres View Post
    boss pahinge naman nung file na AdobeCP15.dll ty
    AdobeCP15.dll is already included in that zipped file. Just extract it and look for it. But I would still recommend that you overwrite the whole "1.0" folder if you still haven't patched the game yet.
    Last edited by jei.Sy; 02-21-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    People, like diamonds, have a basic market value, but it is only after they have been polished that the world will pay their real value.

  6. #6
    Thanks! It works

  7. #7
    wow, maraming salamat po!

  8. #8
    Cuneiform momeepmeep is infamous around these parts momeepmeep is infamous around these parts momeepmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    109
    lol I just uninstalled adobe air and deleted the adobe air folder in C:\Program Files\GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\LoLPH\Air, then patch it..

  9. #9
    wow thanks a lot. I thought I had to
    download the whole game again

  10. #10
    help failed to merge: air/assets/images/champions/annie_0.jpg

  11. #11
    Writer jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by bartz95 View Post
    help failed to merge: air/assets/images/champions/annie_0.jpg
    Hi, sorry but this thread is specifically for the Adobe Air merging problem only. You could try this thread.
    People, like diamonds, have a basic market value, but it is only after they have been polished that the world will pay their real value.

  12. #12
    Observer vex.rage is on a distinguished road vex.rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Angeles, Pampanga
    Posts
    10
    IKAW NA! Galing mo koya! Bangis mo idol! Thank You! Boboto kita sa election!

  13. #13
    Cuneiform mukuang11 is on a distinguished road mukuang11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose Del Monte City Of Bulacan
    Posts
    113
    Thanks! Gumana rin .. langya.

  14. #14
    Cuneiform exoplasm22 has a spectacular aura about exoplasm22 has a spectacular aura about exoplasm22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Makati
    Posts
    56
    Thank you sir. Dahil dyan i+rep kita

    They see me freehittin', they hatin'.

  15. #15
    bakit ganun yung sakin na overwrite ko ung 1.0 pero ganun pa din need to reinstall, fail to patch lates 20130124. need help badly hehehe

  16. #16
    Writer jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by mengho1 View Post
    bakit ganun yung sakin na overwrite ko ung 1.0 pero ganun pa din need to reinstall, fail to patch lates 20130124. need help badly hehehe
    Hi makes sure na the "1.0" folder is not inside another "1.0" folder. Sometimes happens when you extract a zipped file.
    People, like diamonds, have a basic market value, but it is only after they have been polished that the world will pay their real value.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jei.Sy View Post
    Hi makes sure na the "1.0" folder is not inside another "1.0" folder. Sometimes happens when you extract a zipped file.
    si ganun pa din eh

  18. #18
    Author kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos has a reputation beyond repute kingkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Laguna City
    Posts
    932
    Salamat Jei.Sy save my time

  19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Composer sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Otaku 16.5
    Posts
    2,442
    Hmm, so this patch used the 3.1 version of adobe AIR?

    Good find. Yes, I tried the 'replace the AIR files with that updated version one' method.

    Anyway, for those having this problem, jei's solution works.
    Last edited by sapito310; 02-21-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

    -- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist


  20. #20
    Banned to Access Siomape.xMoDx is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by sapito310 View Post
    Hmm, so this patch used the 3.1 version of adobe AIR?

    Good find. Yes, I tried the 'replace the AIR files with that updated version one' method.

    Anyway, for those having this problem, jei's solution works.
    if it uses 3.1 what what the version before?


    PS: 3.6 is the latest why just League of Legends use that
    Last edited by Siomape.xMoDx; 02-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

  21.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Composer sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310 is a glorious beacon of light sapito310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Otaku 16.5
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Siomape.xMoDx View Post
    if it uses 3.1 what what the version before?


    PS: 3.6 is the latest why just League of Legends use that
    I tried replacing the AIR files in the Gmessenger folder with my updated AIR files (from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions)

    As to why Riot didn't use version 3.6... *shrug*
    "Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

    -- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist


  22. #22
    sir how do i overwrite the 1.0 reply asap plss

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jei.Sy View Post
    If you are experiencing this patching error:





    This is the SOLUTION:
    1. Download and extract this compressed file (it contains the Air files used by the game client before the patch). Then copy.
    2. Go to this file directory: C:\Program Files\GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\LoLPH\Air\Adobe AIR\Versions
    3. Overwrite the folder "1.0" with the one you've just downloaded.
    4. Try patching again.
    5. Done.
    So why did this happen and how to prevent it:

    If you'll study the image you could see the message errors, "target window checksum mismatch" and "Failed to merge". This happens whenever an installer wants to merge an old file with the new one for an update but was unable to do so because of a checksum mismatch. Checksums to files are like what fingerprints are to human beings. Checksums are used to identify the integrity of a file.

    The patch doesn't proceed because the Air file you have right now is not the file that it intends to update.

    So why did this happen?

    My guess is that you stumble upon a guide in the internet telling you how to improve the performance of your LoL client by manually updating/overwriting the Air files in the LoL folder with the most updated one that you have on your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions.

    So to prevent this from happening again don't try to alter any file in the game folder.
    sir how do i overwrite it?

  24. #24
    Writer jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy is a name known to all jei.Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pampanga
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by joper08 View Post
    sir how do i overwrite it?
    Once you've extracted the compressed file copy the whole folder named "1.0" then go to C:\Program Files\GarenaLoLPH\GameData\Apps\LoLPH\Air\Adobe AIR\Versions\ in there just paste what you've copied and the system will prompt you to overwrite the folder. That is what we mean by overwriting.
    People, like diamonds, have a basic market value, but it is only after they have been polished that the world will pay their real value.

  25. #25
    Observer cruize_kendoy is on a distinguished road cruize_kendoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Davao City
    Posts
    13
    when I try to overwrite it, the adobe air cannot be copied because of an error. it says that "Error 0x800704C8: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."

    can you check it sir, please. thank you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts