1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin has a reputation beyond repute LoL_PH_Admin's Avatar

Staff Icon 2 Dropping support for Windows XP Service Pack 2

We're announcing the end of League of Legends' support for Windows XP Service Pack 2, effective November 2016. If you are on an operating system using Windows XP Service Pack 2, check out the steps below to avoid an interruption of service.

Why am I required to upgrade?

Service Pack 2 is no longer compatible with the latest security protocols. This isn't a change to League itself, but a required security update to the connection between players and our servers. The only versions of Windows compatible with the latest protocols are XP Service Pack 3 and above for 32-bit, and Vista and above for 64-bit.

That said, Microsoft hasn't released security updates for XP since early 2014, so while you'll be able to keep playing League on Service Pack 3 you'll still be vulnerable to risks which could compromise your League account. If at all possible we recommend updating to a newer version of Windows.

What will happen if I don't upgrade?

Unsupported systems might not be able to communicate with our servers and anyone still running Service Pack 2 won't be able to log in or play the game.

How do I know which Service Pack I have installed?
    • Click on Start and then Control Panel.
    • Click on the Performance and Maintenance link. If you're using Classic View for the Control Panel, double-click the System icon and proceed to Step 4.
    • In the Performance and Maintenance window, click on the System Control Panel icon at the bottom of the window.
    • When the System Properties window opens it should default to the General tab. If not, choose it manually.
    • In the System: area of the General tab you'll find the operating system version and service pack level. If you don't have a service pack installed, you'll only see your operating system version.
    How do I upgrade?

If you're on a 32-bit OS, you can download and install Windows XP Service Pack 3 for free here.
    If you're on a 64-bit OS, you'll need to upgrade to Vista or later. Please visit Microsoft's website for support here.

Good thing i'm at Windows SP 3 :3

senninz.rikudou is on a distinguished road senninz.rikudou's Avatar
    For us who are using XP SP 3, we're still safe right?

dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1 is a splendid one to behold dota_master_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by senninz.rikudou View Post
    For us who are using XP SP 3, we're still safe right?
    yep. still safe.
    Festival Queen Anivia is NOT Adarna Anivia
    IGN: A Bad Support // Star Guardian fanboy // Tech

Just concern!

Hello!

I just want you to know or share some information regarding this Article/Thread.

That Windows XP Service Pack 3 is no longer available on any Microsoft website, because the support for Windows XP ended April 2014. Maybe you can download Windows XP SP3 on a third party websites.

As a Microsoft Technical Support, I encourage you that you may upgrade to Windows 7/8.1/10 and you will be able to play League of Legends on those Microsoft supporting Operating system.

I'm sharing this because, I am also a LoL player and I want you to play League of Legends for better experience, and hassle free.

And I just want you to know that if you can get any issues or concerns about your Windows Operating systems, please feel free to contact us here → https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Happy LoL Gaming!
    HAZARDOUX

mine is windows 7 ultimate but still won't be able to log in or play the game.

lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666 is a splendid one to behold lemzkie666's Avatar
    where's the download or update link for xp sp 3? can we have the link please or steps on how to upgrade, thank you.

gumagamit ako ng windows xp. pakatapos mag champion select ay nag ba black screen ang monitor ko "invalid format" ang nakalagay