Low FPS Troubleshooting
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Low FPS Troubleshooting

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Low FPS Troubleshooting

The most common cause of low FPS in League of Legends is high in-game video settings. To lower your video settings:
    • Start a practice game of League of Legends
    • After entering the game, open the League of Legends Options menu at the bottom of the screen, or simply press Esc
    • Select the Video menu
    • In the Video option menu, under Settings, set to Custom
    • You can change the video settings for: Character Quality, Enviroment Quality, Effects Quality, and Shadows. The lower the settings you choose, the more your FPS should increase. The settings that affect FPS most noticeably are Shadows and Environment Quality.
    Another common solution to low FPS problems is to update your video card drivers.

Framerate Normalization Settings

In the video options menu, the setting labeled "Frame Rate Cap" can be used to prevent unexpected dips in framerate by attempting to smooth out the game's performance. By default, the option is set to ?Benchmark? which means that all framerate smoothing is disabled. Other settings have the following behavior:
    • Stable ? This attempts to detect and maintain a stable framerate above 25fps. Players may experience a slightly lower maximum framerate, but fluctuations should be less.
    • High ? This option also detects the low and high framerates and attempts to normalize the performance, but at a higher FPS than the ?Stable? option.
    • 25/30/60/80 ? These options allow the player to control the target framerate the smoothing process will attempt to achieve.
    FPS Drop in Windowed Mode

In the Video Option menu in game, there is an option to run the game in Windowed mode. Windowed mode often results in a significant drop in FPS. If you are running the game in Windowed mode, and experiencing poor FPS, it is recommended that you disable Windowed mode. Additionally, if you're using dual monitors, running Windowed mode on the secondary monitor may result in a noticeable drop in FPS. Try to keep the League of Legends window on the primary monitor.

Common programs that can lower League of Legends performance

There are a number of programs that can cause poor frame rate or latency if left open while running League of Legends. Closing these programs may improve your game's performance. These programs include:
    • Anti-virus scanners
    • Webpage browsers
    • Streaming audio and video
    Some common examples of these programs: McAfee Anti-Virus scanner, Mozilla Firefox web browser, and Pandora streaming audio.

Last edited by CrossLegacy; 03-01-2013 at 06:17 PM.

tnx GM_Ultear

ooppsss sir GM_ultear i have question about the frames..kasi po meron akong nakasama sa laro kanina..bali ang akala ko ok sya mag laro..tpos po ewan ko kung diamond ung frame nia..paki check nalang po eto [remove name].., medyo po kc prang ang daya naman..sya may ganun tpos wala pa namang rank..
    Last edited by 3passers; 02-06-2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: rmove name; name calling

Cuneiform ichikou is a jewel in the rough ichikou is a jewel in the rough ichikou is a jewel in the rough ichikou is a jewel in the rough ichikou's Avatar
    Restarting also might help. ?

Cuneiform TheMoveZ70 is on a distinguished road TheMoveZ70's Avatar
    account name AOD TheMoveZ S3X plzzz dont banned me coz of always blackout and Losing internet Connection plzzz help
    Last edited by TheMoveZ70; 03-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Hello po. Uuhm I tried doing this already and my fps is still low please help what do I do? (

Exclamation pls help

ginawa ko na rin po tong mga to pero mababa parin fps ko at bigla ako nadc sa game bkt ba ganun to at nagbablack screen sya pag clash

Author t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15 has a reputation beyond repute t3rminat0r15's Avatar
    Any updates on Globe Latency Issue ? still sux.

Contributor sys.pay is a name known to all sys.pay is a name known to all sys.pay is a name known to all sys.pay is a name known to all sys.pay is a name known to all sys.pay is a name known to all sys.pay's Avatar
    @Thread: Try defragging all of your disks. Except the "System Reserved" (if you had that choice)

How about adobe air lol debuger has stopped working?? i already reinstall both adobeair and league of legends as they say but it the error continues to BUG ME!